About FBC

The modest beginnings of Fourah Bay College are well documented and make inspiring reading. From the action by the Christian Missionary Society (CMS) in 1814 in acquiring a parcel of land on the slope of Leicester Peak in the Mountain District of Freetown, the opening of a school called the Christian Institution in 1816, the transformation of the school to a Seminary in 1819 and its transfer to Regent Village where the institution suffered significant decline, to the establishment at Fourah Bay in 1827 of Fourah Bay College in the eastern sea front of Freetown, we are constantly reminded of the vision and dedication of its founding fathers.